Tuesday, December 13, 2005

All In Line







Presumptuously, some years ago I started a sketch book I called "Why Steinberg?". In it I tried to draw like as if I was Saul Steinberg (Yes...I know, dont laugh too hard!...Borges writes about Pierre Menard, a frenchman of the Twentieth Century who tries to write Don Quijote as if he was Cervantes!) My rules were to look at a Steinberg's book, close it and try to draw like Steinberg without copying it directly...Just trying to "think" like him...It was a failure but it was great fun. Highly recommended to test your mind and hand.

4 Comments:

Blogger Elliot Cowan said...

I think you had more success with this than I did with my "Think like Rembrandt" and "Think like Picasso" projects...

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 10:21:00 pm  
Blogger La Niña Graphics said...

i think you did quite quite well,
really
i´m so impressed!

Thursday, December 15, 2005 11:00:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oskar,

You come closer to Saul Steinberg than any living artist. No joke.

I am thinking like Warren Buffet.

Crandall Addington

Saturday, April 26, 2008 9:39:00 pm  
Blogger Oscar Grillo said...

And I think like Bernard Buffet Froid.

Sunday, April 27, 2008 12:47:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home